Even though Soldiers and their Families have courageously overcome challenging situations in uncertain environments their entire career, transitioning from the Army is still difficult.
The stress of transition is challenging, but manageable:
- Improve and maintain physical activity, good sleep habits, and nutrition as your foundation.
- Prioritize relaxation to decompress.
- During these down times practice self-appreciation and stay positive; you are one of the select few to have served this country in uniform.
- Connect with a spiritual community.
- Practice gratitude. There are many who have and will help you through this journey.
- Express yourself-talk to friends, family, or a professional about your life stressors.
The resources below can help you manage your mental and spiritual health both during and after transition.