CSA RETIRED SOLDIER COUNCIL
The Chief of Staff, Army (CSA) Retired Soldier Council, chartered by Headquarters, Department of the Army, is made up of seven retired officers and seven retired enlisted Soldiers and is co-chaired by a retired lieutenant general and a retired sergeant major of the Army. Prospective members are nominated by their local retiree councils and approved by the CSA. At its annual meeting, the CSA Retired Soldier Council reviews issues forwarded by local retiree councils and advises the CSA on the most pressing issues.
The CSA Retired Soldier Council's mission is:
- A. To provide the Chief of Staff, Army with advice and recommendations regarding vital issues and concerns of Retired Soldiers, surviving spouses, and their Families.
- B. To provide the Chief of Staff, Army with an assessment of how current Army programs and initiatives and proposals for new laws and policies may affect the retired community.
- C. To strengthen communications between the Active Army, the Army National Guard, the U.S. Army Reserve, and the retired community.
CSA Retired Soldier Council Members
Members of the 2021 Chief of Staff, Army Retired Soldier Council (From L to R, top row): COL (Ret) Many-Bears Grinder, MG (Ret) Robert J. Kasulke, LTG (Ret) David D. Halverson, SMA (Ret) Daniel A. Dailey, SGM (Ret) Edward D. Mounts, (second row): CW5 (Ret) Louise I. H. Goetzelt, MSG (Ret) David M. Pearson, COL (Ret) Karl M. Goetzke, SGM (Ret) Michael A. Walker, SGM (Ret) Mitzi S. Hinton, (third row): COL (Ret) Peter Hoffman, COL (Ret) Felix L. Santiago-Torres, MSG (Ret) William K. Burns, and CSM (Ret) Ralph J. Rusch.
- 2021 CSA Retired Soldier Council Report - PDF
- 2020 CSA Retired Soldier Council Report - PDF
- 2019 CSA Retired Soldier Council Report - PDF
- 2018 CSA Retired Soldier Council Report - PDF
- 2017 CSA Retired Soldier Council Report - PDF
- 2016 CSA Retired Soldier Council Report - PDF
- 2015 CSA Retired Soldier Council Report - PDF
- History - PDF