Exchanges Remain Open Despite Government Shutdown
Posted on January 18, 2019

All Army & Air Force Exchange Service stores will remain open for Soldiers, Airmen, military families and retirees during the federal government shutdown, which began at midnight Dec. 22

Though the Exchange is part of the Department of Defense, the organization is a nonappropriated fund entity, with nearly 100 percent of its operating budget coming from the sale of goods and services.

During the government shutdown, 2,700 Exchange facilities, including department stores, convenience stores, food courts, malls and movie theaters, in 49 states and more than 30 countries will continue to serve the military community., which offers the same tax-free savings and military-exclusive pricing found in brick-and-mortar Exchange stores for authorized shoppers and honorably discharged Veterans, remains unaffected as well.

100 percent of Exchange earnings support Quality-of-Life programs for service members and their families, including combat uniforms at cost; school lunches below cost for Warfighters’ children overseas; child development centers, youth programs and fitness centers on Army garrisons; and Air Force Outdoor Recreation programs.

Who to Contact for Pay and Benefit Questions
Posted on January 18, 2019

DFAS R&A Pay is primarily a payroll office. We establish and maintain military retired pay, annuity accounts, and issue monthly payments to both military retirees and their eligible survivors, including the following:

Get Ready For Tax Season
Posted on January 16, 2019

Tax season is a busy time. As you prepare for doing your taxes, here are some tools and resources we provide to make it easier for you to get the tax documents you need. 

The best way to prepare is to use myPay to get all of the information you need. Here are some helpful tips for using myPay, as well as for getting your IRS Form 1099R in other ways.

Get your 1099R and pay information 24/7 in myPay

Post 9/11 GI Bill update information for students and schools
Posted on January 15, 2019

Because of continued information technology difficulties with implementing sections 107 and 501 of the Harry W. Colmery Educational Assistance Act of 2017 (Forever GI Bill), both of which change the way monthly housing allowance payments are calculated, VA Secretary Robert Wilkie has directed Under Secretary for Benefits Paul R. Lawrence to take the following actions:

Expanded TRICARE Coverage for Ambulance Services
Posted on January 14, 2019

TRICARE expanded ambulance services to cover both treat-and-release and joint response services this year.

TRICARE now covers:

Exchange Remains Committed To Hiring Veterans, Military Spouses
Posted on January 10, 2019

As Americans honor the service and sacrifice of Warfighters during National Veterans and Military Families Month, the Army & Air Force Exchange Service remains dedicated to hiring heroes.

Quick food choices: DeCA piloting meal kit options at select commissaries
Posted on January 10, 2019

For the on-the-go family, or those who want quick meal options, select commissaries are offering fresh meal kits as a way to enjoy gourmet-style meals in as little as 10 minutes.

The meal kits are part of a pilot program in 12 stores in Virginia and North Carolina, and are offered in response to customer demand and market growth in the meal kit industry, according to Darrell Clary, Defense Commissary Agency category manager for meat, beverages and deli/bakery products.

1 2 3 4 5 > last

About Army Echoes

Army Echoes informs Retired Soldiers, surviving spouses, and their Families on changes to their benefits and entitlements, developments within the Army, and how they can continue to support the Army.