1. Soldier For Life is provided as a public service by the Army TRADOC and the Army G-1.
2. General information presented on Soldier For Life is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. For site management and statistical purposes, the web user's source IP address, date and time of request, location of requested website file from the server, size of the file, referral web page, browser used, and the status code for a web user's request for the website file are recorded. The website uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines.
6. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
7. Cookie Disclaimer - Soldier For Life does not use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back and forth from the client machine to the server). Soldier For Life may use session cookies (tokens that remain active only until you close your browser) in order make the site easier to use. Soldier For Life does not keep a database of information obtained from these cookies. You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site, but not all functionalities will work as intended. Refer to the help information in your browser software for instructions on how to disable and enable cookies.