New TRICARE Contracts & Regional Alignment Coming SoonPosted on February 9, 2017
At the end of 2017, stateside beneficiaries will see a change to TRICARE regions and to the contractor that administers your TRICARE benefit outside of military hospitals and clinics. This new generation of contracts awarded by the Department of Defense will improve how we manage quality of care, provider networks, referrals, enrollment, claims processing and customer service for beneficiaries who receive care in the civilian sector.
Under the new contracts, which are scheduled to take effect at the end of 2017, the North and South regions will combine into a single “East” region, while the West region will remain the same. This consolidation from three to two regional contracts will improve continuity of care, reduce administrative burdens on beneficiaries, and reduce unnecessary variation among contractors.
What does this mean for you? Right now, there is no change to your provider network. You may continue using your primary care doctors and specialists you use now, and you will continue to use the same contact numbers, billing addresses and websites. Once the new contracts take effect at the end of 2017, a new contractor will administer your health plan based on the region
in which you reside.
- If you live in or move to the West Region, Health Net Federal Services, LLC will administer your health plan and provide TRICARE coverage.
- If you live in or move to the North or South region, you will be in the new East Region, and Humana Government Business, Inc. will administer your health plan.
In the coming months, we will pass on valuable information about changes including:
- Contact information, addresses and websites of new contractors
- Information about changes in network providers
- What you can expect under the new regional alignment
- Much more!