Research shows that more than 90 percent of all systemic diseases have oral manifestations, including swollen gums, mouth ulcers, dry mouth and excessive gum problems. Did you know that more than 120 different diseases are first detected in the mouth? And that going for your annual dental exams can actually help in detecting heart disease, diabetes, pancreatic cancer and more? The good news is that most dental diseases are actually preventable.
The TRICARE Retiree Dental Program (TRDP) was created and designed with all of these things in mind. When seeing a network dentist, TRDP enrollees have the peace of mind of knowing that they get their 2 annual exams, 2 cleanings (or 3 for Type 1 / 2 Diabetics) and an x-ray covered at 100% with no out-of-pocket costs. This not only allows enrollees to pretty much recoup all of their annual premiums, but more importantly, it makes sure that their dental and overall health is being well cared for.
Here are some of the other reasons why more than 1.5 million current enrollees find the TRDP to be an important partner in their health and such a good value:
- As soon as your enrollment takes effect, the TRDP covers you for not only the routine services, but also for fillings, root canals, gum surgery, oral surgery and dental accidents. After 12-months, it then covers you for crowns, dentures, dental implants, braces and more.
- Seeing a network dentist helps you save an average of 22% on your covered dental care. With the TRDP, there is a large nationwide network of dentists from which to choose. To find a network dentist near you, use the “Find a Dentist” link at trdp.org.
- Network dentists accept the TRDP allowed fee for covered services, so there are no surprise costs beyond your expected cost share and deductible, where applicable.
- Each enrollee gets a generous $1,300 annual maximum, a $1,200 annual dental accident maximum and a $1,750 lifetime orthodontic maximum.
- The TRDP coordinates benefits with other dental plans, allowing you to maximize your coverage under both plans.
To enroll in the TRDP, visit trdp.org and choose the method that works best for you. Enrolling online using the Quick Link to the Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE) site is quickest, or you can print an application from the TRDP website and mail it to Delta Dental along with your prepayment amount.
After enrolling, you’re encouraged to register for the online Consumer Toolkit®, where you can verify your program eligibility; review your benefits, coverage levels and remaining maximums and deductibles; check on the status of your processed claims and claim payments; and sign up for paperless (electronic) Explanation of Benefits statements.
Your oral health plays a big role in your overall well-being and quality of life. Enroll in the TRDP today—and enjoy regular, affordable dental care that’s essential for your lifelong health and peace of mind. For more information, visit trdp.org.