As you move through your retirement years, be sure to keep us informed whenever changes happen that could affect your retired pay. Keep your contact information and check payment information in myPay current. And if you experience a life-changing event, contact us directly at Retired and Annuitant Pay to let us know.
The following are examples of life-changing events and how these events could impact your account:
- Marriage: Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP), arrears of pay beneficiary, federal income tax
- Divorce: SBP, arrears of pay beneficiary, federal income tax
- Death of a spouse: SBP, arrears of pay beneficiary, federal income tax
- Birth of a child: SBP, arrears of pay beneficiary, federal income tax
- Moving to a new place of residence: (even if just for the winter months): general correspondence delivery, 1099-R and retiree account statement mailing, state income tax withholding
- Opening, changing or closing a bank account: net pay and allotment direct deposit
- Changing your e-mail address stored in myPay: myPay account change notifications, retiree newsletters, myPay notifications for 1099-R and retiree account statement availability
- Paying off and/or closing an insurance policy: net pay and allotment direct deposit
If you keep your information current in myPay and submit the appropriate paperwork when a life-changing event occurs, you will help us improve the service we provide to you and your loved ones. By reporting these events when they happen, your beneficiaries will have fewer issues and concerns to resolve later.
Please remember to report life-changing events to our new mailing address:
Defense Finance and Accounting Service
U.S. Military Retired Pay
8899 E 56th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46249-1200
You can also report life-changing events by using our fax number: 800-469-6559, or by calling our Customer Care Center: 800-321-1080.