If saving more money and eating healthier are part of your new year’s resolutions, the commissary has plenty of special in-store promotions and coupons to help, according to the Defense Commissary Agency’s director of sales.
“Your commissary is always here to help you and your family eat healthier and also save even more on all your favorite products,” said Tracie Russ, DeCA’s director of sales. “Whether it’s commissary store brands or national brands, we have what you need at prices that help extend your paycheck.”
Russ also encouraged patrons to check out www.commissaries.com for a treasure trove of recipes. The website offers access to the “Savings Center” for a sales flyer with current sales pricing and the “Thinking Outside the Box” section, which offers quick solutions for dietitian-approved and economical meal options. The Savings Center also has links to the Commissary Rewards Card, and information on featured promotional items, commissary store brands, links to coupons and more.
For patrons who want help making nutritious choices when they shop their commissary, DeCA offers the Nutrition Guide shelf sign program with color-coded labels that depict key nutrient attributes of low sodium, low fat, whole grain, no added sugar good source of fiber and organic.
Throughout January, DeCA’s industry partners – vendors, suppliers and brokers – are collaborating with commissaries to offer discounts beyond everyday savings. Overseas stores may have substituted events for certain promotional programs. Customers are asked to check their local commissary for details on dates and times for the following promotions:
- The Special Olympics – Procter & Gamble will make donations to local Special Olympics chapters with their 38th annual Special Olympics promotion that runs through Jan. 21. P&G will hand out “brandSAVER” coupons with over 46 coupons worth over $73. Look for instore Special Olympics displays promoting specially marked P&G products.
- Kellogg’s Special K "OWN IT." From Jan. 8 to 21, commissary shoppers will have access to a free water bottle through the Kellogg Family Rewards Program. They will also give away 1,000 free water bottles through an exclusive “Commissary Text To Win” contest. Check out details on the Kellogg mass display in your local commissary. Kellogg will be promoting their cereals, breakfast bars, protein bars, protein shakes and frozen crust-less quiche.
- "Big Game Big Deals!" Kraft Heinz Company is offering $3 or $5 coupon deals and increased incentives for stateside commissary patrons from Jan. 8 to Feb 4. Some of the participating brands include: Heinz Ketchup, Mustard, and Pickles; Grey Poupon Mustard, A-1 and Heinz 57; Bagel Bites; TGI Friday’s frozen entrees; Cracker Barrel Cheese; Maxwell House and others.
- General Mills Box Tops for Education. From Jan. 8 to Feb. 4, high-value coupons will be offered worldwide. General Mills has donated over $750 million to schools through this promotion since 1996.
- General Mills Progresso Soup presents “Warming Up America,” their annual “souper” soup sale offering in-store discounts and high-value coupons for commissary patrons worldwide. The promotion runs through Jan. 24.
“The Defense Commissary Agency sends out wishes to all of our military shoppers to have a healthy, safe and prosperous 2018,” Russ said. “Your commissary is always worth the trip year-round for the very best savings possible.”