Retired Soldiers have earned many benefits and entitlements by their years of faithful service. Over the years, like anything else in life, there have been changes and modifications. It is important that all Retired Soldiers maintain a working knowledge of their benefits and entitlements in order to take full advantage of them.
In addition to the information presented here, Retired Soldiers should maintain their copies of the Army Echoes which also outlines changes in benefits and entitlements.
Information for Retired Soldiers and Family Members
- 2019 US Army Retired Soldier Handbook - PDF - This reference guide details benefits and services frequently used by Retired Soldiers and their Families.
- Retired Soldier Casualty Assistance Checklist - A checklist of key information Retired Soldiers should leave for their survivors.
- Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC) - A link to the Human Resources Command CRSC web page. HRC administers CRSC for the Army.
- Concurrent Retirement and Disability Pay (CRDP) - - A link to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service CRDP web page.
- RSO Locator - Installation Retirement Services Offices
- Reserve Component Retirements Branch-HRC - Link to Human Resources Command's Reserve Retirements Branch.
- SFL-Transition Assistance Program (TAP)
- Uniformed Services Former Spouses' Protection Act (USFSPA) - PDF - A brochure outlining the treatment of retired pay and the Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) as property, it also provides information on former spouses' eligibility for an identification card.
- CRSC & CRDP- PDF
- RC ID Card FAQs - PDF
- Installation Newsletters for Retired Soldiers - Contact your installation RSO.
- Retiree Appreciation Days (RADS) - These annual events update Retired Soldiers and their Families on benefits and entitlements and usually offer basic medical checks and information, and new ID Cards. Most have information booths set up by dozens of on and off-post organizations that serve Retired Soldiers and their Families. For a complete list of RADs, see the Retirement Services home page. For more information, contact your RSO.
- Army Emergency Relief (AER) - Retired Soldiers and surviving spouses are eligible for AER loans and grants. They are also encouraged to set up an allotment from their retired pay to AER.
- For individual questions regarding Retirement, please contact your Retirement Services Officer.
Retired Pay Information
- DFAS Retired Pay Website
- VA Disability Compensation
- How to Apply for Combat Related Special Compensation
- DFAS CRDP & CRSC Website
- When to Update Your Retired Pay Account
Reporting a Death and Survivor Assistance
- Reporting a Death
- Military Funeral Honors
- VA Burial Benefits
- Army Survivors' Guide
- File a Death Claim for VA Insurance
- National Guard Survivor Services