The TRICARE Retiree Dental Program Celebrates NCDHM and is There To Save Your Smile, Your Health and Your Money!
February is National Children’s Dental Health Month (NCDHM) and a great time to remind families that developing good habits at an early age and scheduling regular dental visits can help your children and grandchildren get a head start on a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums. But what about you? Do you see your dentist at least twice a year for regular checkups? If so, you have an excellent chance of keeping your teeth and gums healthy for a very long time. Because your mouth is the gateway to the rest of your body, maintaining good oral health is important —but even routine dental care can be costly, sometimes averaging several hundred dollars each year. Fortunately, the TRICARE Retiree Dental Program (TRDP) can keep you smiling and help you maintain your overall health, all at an affordable cost.
Here are just some of the many reasons why more than 1.5 million current enrollees find the TRDP to be such a good value:
- You get your routine annual services—two cleanings (or three with diagnosed Type 1/Type 2 diabetes), two exams and an x-ray—with no cost share when you see a TRDP network dentist. And, these services don’t count towards your annual maximum or deductible!
- Seeing a network dentist network helps you save an average of 22% on your covered dental care. With the TRDP, there is a large nationwide network of dentists from which to choose. To find a network dentist near you, use the “Find a Dentist” link at trdp.org.
- Network dentists accept the TRDP allowed fee for covered services, so there are no surprise costs beyond your expected cost share and deductible, where applicable.
- Each enrollee gets a generous $1,300 annual maximum, a $1,200 annual dental accident maximum and a $1,750 lifetime orthodontic maximum.
- The TRDP coordinates benefits with other dental plans, allowing you to maximize your coverage under both plans.
To enroll in the TRDP, visit trdp.org and choose the method that works best for you. Enrolling online using the Quick Link to the Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE) site is quickest, or you can print an application from the TRDP website and mail it to Delta Dental along with your prepayment amount.
To access free online resources that can help you teach your children and grandchildren about good oral health, visit ADA.org, click on Public Programs and then National Children's Dental Health Month. You can also find out more about children’s dental health by visiting mysmileway.com.
Don’t wait to improve your oral health and your quality of life. Enroll in the TRDP today!